Attention Youth Rec Softball and Baseball Parents:
Thank you for all your patience this year as we start up the youth rec seasons. It is greatly appreciated!
Here are a few announcements you need to be aware if you have not already been made aware:
The boys game against Scales Mound on June 9th has been changed to a home game in Potosi for all levels.
1) Unless stated otherwise, all Pee Wee girls and boys games start at 5:00pm. Minors and Little League games follow at 6:00pm, and Majors and Pony games finish the night starting at 7:30pm.
2) If you need directions to a field, please use the following link:
The youth rec website can be found under the parents/community tab on the Potosi School District website.
3. Boys only - each level is split into three teams to promote more playing time per game for each player. We have great numbers this year and this is a good thing! Only two of the three teams for each level will be playing on any given night. If coaches have not already told you your son's team number and designation, schedules showing this will be made available soon, and will be available on the youth rec website.
Note: The first game starts with teams one and two playing, with the next game being teams two and three, followed by one and three, then repeat. Coaches may seek out players to come to a game they are not scheduled for in the event that there will be several players missing.
4. All tournaments currently on the calender are accurate. There are no tournaments unlisted at this point, but another will hopefully be added for Pony boys.
5. General announcements will often be made in the form of a phone message via the school's Skylert system.
Thank you, and if you have any questions please direct them to your coach and if needed I will be contacted.
2016 High School Music Trip Meeting
Thursday, May 21
7:30 PM in the cafeteria
Click here for more info.
We have great news to share. On Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Keith Livens donated $400,000 toward our proposed facility project to go toward a community fine arts performance area. This donation has been in the works for a while, coming to fruition yesterday. More information about the proposed project will be coming out to the community during the next couple of weeks.
In the picture, from left to right: Larry Kalina (Facility Committee member), Ron Saari, superintendent, and Mr. Keith Livens.
The Bottom Line - May
Please Click here to read "The Bottom Line" - A short letter from Ron Saari.